In case you didn’t know, each year at SuperConference Dan Kennedy gives a talk on his trend predictions.
It’s uncanny how he seems to really nail what is happening and going to happen in the marketplace. Each year, people come back and say, “I wish I would have listened to Dan.”
A few years back Dan Kennedy spoke on the Super Powers of Price Elasticity and that’s been worth ten’s of thousands in the right hands (see the note at the bottom for more info)
So while talking to a friend of mine about her shopping experience, I couldn’t help but think of the warning Dan Kennedy cautioned people about during his trend predictions at last week’s SuperConference…
My friend needed new jeans, but had been putting it off. She HATES shopping for them due to the fact that she can never seem to find a pair she truly loves.
She started at Dillard’s. Looking at the wide expanse of choices, she said she felt overwhelmed. She was standing over a table full of DKNY jeans with a look of trepidation on her face.
And that’s when it happened.
The dreaded sales person approached.
She was fully expecting to hear the words “May I help you with something?” However that was not the line used.
Instead the salesperson’s words caught my friend completely by surprise. So much so that she completely let down her guard and told the sales person details she had never revealed to a salesperson before.
She said it was the best clothing shopping experience—let alone jean shopping experience she had ever had.
Not only that, her intentions had been to buy one pair of jeans. She left with three pairs of jeans, gave the salesperson her phone number and email address and made the salesperson put her contact information in her phone so she could contact her in the future.
So what were these magic words that disarmed my friend and got her to spend three times as much as she had planned?
After observing my friend and asking a simple question about the brand of jeans she was looking at, the salesperson said, “I’m a jean specialist.”
This made my friend perk up. She confessed she had never heard of a jean specialist, but that it sounded exactly like what she needed. Even better, while she did have to try on some different jeans, she says it didn’t take long for her jean specialist to identify the perfect fit.
Dan Kennedy says that today, especially in the ever-expanding crowded marketplace, “Specificity is now more important than ever.” He warns “You can no longer afford to be for everyone.”
Dan says that people are looking for that product or service that jumps out and “speaks” to them by indicating somehow, “This is right for me.”
How do you do this?
1) Get a clear and sharp focus on who your target audience is. Use precision, laser-focused targeting so that when you are creating ads, sales letters, and other marketing materials it is clear who your ideal customer is.
2) Become the ONLY choice. You can’t afford to be “just another choice.” Figure out how to be different, unique and “just right” for your consumer. By carefully selecting your words, you can make it completely obvious that you are clearly the one and only choice available for them.
3) Repel people who are not the right fit. Stop trying to be right for everyone. And don’t worry if people think your product or service isn’t right for them. You’ll attract better quality customers and you’ll no longer waste ad dollars on prospects who will never buy from you.
Listen to Dan’s advice on this. Because just like the jean specialist was to my friend, if you intend to survive and thrive in the marketplace, you must figure out how to have specific relevance to a specific customer and have extremely direct communication with that customer.
NOTE: Want 10 Clever Ways To Increase Your Prices and More Importantly Profits Almost Overnight?
In it you’ll discover…
- 15 different PRICE Presentation Strategies that make ACTUAL price irrelevant. (Each of which can be used in print, online, face-to-face, and even in platform selling.)
- Myths, Lies, Fears, and True Facts about price and the advanced psychology that turns off customer’s habitual thinking about price and value.
- How to move spoiled customers from FREE or cheap to properly priced purchases.
- The new science of micro-targeting and how to use it to remove ALL price ceilings and attract customers/clients/patients who will eagerly pay from 500% to 5000% more than your competitors prices.
- 10 Clever ways to raise your price (without changing what you do)
- The links between price, power and profit that can work for you…or against you
Again to get this you must take action by Noon Pacific today. Then it goes back to full price…NO EXCEPTIONS!