The other day a GKIC member contacted me to see if I could do some copywriting for him. He was getting a lot of traffic to his website…BUT it wasn’t converting and he wanted to know why and how to fix it.
As I don’t do copywriting for clients, I quickly referred him to a copywriter I knew would be able to help him. But I couldn’t stop thinking about the problem he was having.
I couldn’t stop thinking about it, because it was a “good problem.” It was a good problem because he was attracting a lot of potential clients. And his actual problem was easily solvable—and once solved it would mean a big pay increase for him.
But sometimes it’s hard to see the good when your business isn’t converting prospects into customers or you lose paying customers more quickly than you can attract new ones.
Because nothing is more frustrating than having clients slip through your fingers.
Of course, this happens in more ways than one…
For instance, when you convert prospects to paying clients, customers or patients, and then they drop off the map in terms of future purchases …
Or when you have an amazing product or service that people are eager to buy, yet despite your efforts few actually get around to purchasing from you.
Do any of these sound familiar?
Well I have some good news, because it means you are doing something right! And it’s easy enough to fix the areas where you are falling down.
If you have potential paying customers, clients or patients slipping through your fingers, here are four things you can check to turn things around and start capturing those sales:
1) Do you have a good call-to-action? One of the biggest problems I see in both written ads and in sales presentations is not having a strong call-to-action. Incorporate words that urge your reader, listener or viewer to take swift and immediate action. Without this, there is no urgency to do anything and quite frankly, if people don’t do something immediately, there is a good chance they’ll never get around to it. Even adding something as simple as “call now” can have a sizable impact on your sales.
2) Do you have an “upgrade” system? Dan Kennedy taught me that one way to avoid losing a customer is to upgrade them into a new program or service or product. People are excited by something new and different and get bored with the old. By upgrading them, you’ve given them something new and different. Think “technology” such as cell phones and laptops and you have a good model to follow.
3) Do you have a follow-up system in place for after they’ve purchased from you? There is a fortune to be made in your existing list, especially from people who have already purchased from you. Think about it. You’ve already spent all that money to attract them and convince them to trust you enough to buy from you. Why start over?
Think of this another way. Have you ever bought something from someone and then never heard from them again? If you’re like me, there are many times, I’m happy with the product or service I purchased. And if they would contact me and ask me to buy more from them, I would. But since I don’t hear from them, I don’t really think about it so I never purchase from them again. If you’re not following up with your customers immediately and regularly, you are leaving money on the table.
4) Do you have a “lost customer reactivation system”? One of the things we help GKIC members build at our free Fast Implementation Boot Camp is a “lost customer reactivation” system. It’s critical because it reminds the people most responsible for your business success that you haven’t forgotten them.
Reaching out to previous customers and letting them know you miss them and hope to see them again makes them feel important. It makes them feel good to hear that you’ve noticed they haven’t been around in a while and that you’d like to see them again. Think of your own experiences…doesn’t it feel good when someone says, “I’ve missed hearing from you.”
We’ve had members from Boot Camp tell us that by using this system, they “found” thousands of dollars just by taking the time to acknowledge that they missed hearing from customers.
Celebrate your “good problems” because it means you are on the right track. But don’t just let them continue to fester. Continually track and evaluate what you are doing. And make sure you aren’t leaving money on the table by letting customers slip through your fingers.
NOTE: If you are looking for the fastest way to correct a cash flow problem and fix what’s not working in your business, sign up for our next Fast Implementation Boot Camp. There is NO FEE REQUIRED, only a 100% refundable deposit to secure your spot, which will be refunded to you upon check in at boot camp. You’ll:
- Spend 2 days with three masters of Glazer-Kennedy Style Marketing who will help you identify your marketing problems and fix them by helping you build the “lost customer reactivation system”, follow-up systems, call-to-actions and other items you need to start, re-start or turn your business around. (You’ll actually leave with completed campaigns ready to use immediately.)
- Receive two free bonuses. Your FREE “Fast Implementation Workbook” ($300 value) includes step-by-step instructions and examples so you can plug strategies in and immediately start profiting. Your FREE “Definitive Guide to Using 3D Mail in Your Marketing Campaigns” ($97 value) includes proven and successful fill-in-the-blank sales letters, sample headlines, ideas and more.
- Discover how to find the hidden goldmine in your customer list, the “8-direct response triggers” that can double or triple response in all of your marketing, how to drive massive traffic to your websites—and then absolutely capture that traffic to triple conversions, the secrets of profitable email marketing and more.
Want more insider information on how to leverage marketing and sales to improve your business? Click here to claim your special free bonus of $633.91 worth of marketing materials.