Here’s something champion entrepreneurs know about getting people to give you money that most business owners don’t.
When most business owners want to increase their business, they advertise.
This no doubt is a must-learn skill. That’s why GKIC keeps stressing the importance of learning how to market your business.
But once you start creating ads for your business, and once you are able to really see the power of marketing that can bring new customers to your door or website…and bring customers back to buy more…there is a skill that can bring your marketing (and your bank account) to a whole new level.
It’s a skill most business owners will never take the time to really dig in and learn, let alone master. Some business owners will hire someone to do this for them…but foolishly will skimp on because they don’t fully understand the skill or how big a return they have the potential to receive.
It’s a skill you’ll want to integrate into your business…and even if you don’t want to invest the time to fully master it, you’ll want to get a deep understanding of so you’ll have a better handle of what will work when hiring someone else to do it.
That skill? Copywriting.
Copywriting, very simply is the ability to put words on paper that get people to send you money.
Good copywriting creates tremendous leverage, because once you get the right words on paper…in the right order (and this is key), all you have to do is use the right media to deliver that message to the right person.
Do the work once, use it forever.
Let me tell you a story about a man named Gary. Gary was an encyclopedia salesman who wanted to get into information marketing. He was a very good salesman, but he hated the long days, and hated the rejection.
He made a lot of money, but he hated seeing people face to face. Hated it.
The reason Gary wanted to get into information marketing was so that he never had to do face to face selling and telephone prospecting again.
The idea of sending a letter in the mail, and having money come back without ever seeing his customers or even talking to them on the phone appealed to Gary.
Plus the fact that he could write the letter and have someone else print and send it, meant he cut his work load to only writing the letter.
So Gary learned how to write a great sales letter.
At first Gary didn’t succeed. In fact, he failed miserably because he studied the wrong stuff. But then he discovered the key was to put the elements of his sales presentation into print. And once he did this, instead of giving his sales presentation to one person at a time, he could deliver it to millions of people at the same time.
Once he figured this out, he mailed some letters, got some orders, and used the money from the orders to mail more letters. And so forth.
What was his bottom line? Gary was able to mail so many letters, that he brought in over 20,000 checks per DAY!
What was Gary selling? It doesn’t matter. The magic wasn’t in the product—it was in the letter.
People were sending Gary money because of the words contained in the letter. The best part—Gary only had to write the letter one time. Once he knew it worked, he was able to mail it again and again.
That’s the power of copywriting.
I’ve never had 20,000 checks arrive per day, but I have written sales letters, teleseminar scripts, video sales letters, website copy, etc. that have brought in millions of dollars for me and my clients.
And it’s what top entrepreneurs understand to be the #1 skill they should master if they want to dramatically increase their income.
Rich Schefren, Yanik Silver, Frank Kern, and of course Dan Kennedy are all examples of champion entrepreneurs. What do they all have in common? They all are killer at copywriting.
So how do you get better at copywriting?
1) Learn from someone who knows what they are doing. First of all, you don’t need to be a good writer or an English major or have any formal qualifications to learn, but you do need someone who knows what they are doing to teach you how. (I think Dan Kennedy is a good option. I think his most comprehensive and bet copywriting course is Copywriting Mastery and Sales Thinking Bootcamp. This is also one of the top courses consistently recommended by GKIC members.)
2) Start building a swipe file. A swipe file is a file of good copy proven to work. This can be printed files, electronic files or both. It should be full of copy that makes you want to take action. The type that gets the point across and makes a good sales argument.
While you can’t flat out copy them, you can use them to model the structure of the letter, web page, email, etc. They are also useful to model for headlines, bullet points, offers, guarantees, and other elements.
3) Study good copywriting. Read your junk mail. When you receive a piece of mail that doesn’t get you excited, ask yourself why not. What would make it better? Read everything from companies that are known for good copy. For example, you should be reading everything GKIC sends you because I can tell you that what we are doing is working. Study the examples Dan gives you in your No B.S. Marketing Letter and in the Swipe and Deploy File. (If you aren’t currently receiving this, click here to receive 2 Free issues and other money-making information.)
4) Practice. You don’t always have to tackle writing a big sales letter. Start small. Write fifty headlines for a sales letter. Practice writing bullets for your product or service.
5) Have your copywriting critiqued. Now to really make it worth your while, you’ll want to pay a good copywriter to critique your work. Why? Because they know what they are doing and can give you guidance that will not only make your writing better, it can help shave years off your study.
No one can guarantee results when it comes to copywriting. And I can’t tell you how long it will take you to master it. But I can tell you that if you follow these steps, you’ll have a much better understanding of what works and what doesn’t and you’ll become a much more successful copywriter than you are today.
**What’s HOT at GKIC** If you are ready to learn from the best copywriter I know, (hint: Dan Kennedy), I’ve arranged for you to receive a 3 payment option for what I consider his best copywriting course Copywriting Mastery and Sales Thinking Bootcamp. Plus, because I think the copywriting critique is so valuable, I’ve asked our top GKIC copywriters to offer you two free critiques (a $994 value) when you purchase Copywriting Mastery and Sales Thinking Bootcamp by midnight, Monday.
Not only do you get Dan’s best copywriting training, you’ll also get a huge swipe file with many, many examples, proven formulas for writing, tips on how to write copy faster and much more.
Get all the details by clicking on the link here: http://www.gkic.com/copymastery