Recently I was speaking with a busy, small business owner and Internet marketer who confided he wasn’t doing what he coached other businesses to do.
He said, “I know I should be doing this for my own business too, but sometimes I act like the cobbler with holes in his shoes that spends so much time repairing others shoes that he doesn’t have time to repair his own.”
He added that what makes it worse is it’s the one thing he knows he really needs to be doing.
In a tough economy every penny counts and not doing this is like leaving tens of thousands of dollars on the table.
What was he neglecting?
He wasn’t giving his prospects and customers a second (and third and fourth…) chance to do business with him.
A costly mistake in any economy.
You see, according to market researchers, 98-99% of your website visitors won’t make a purchase on their first visit.
Converting even just 1-2% of those lost visitors could make a significant difference to your bottom line.
For example, if 6,000 people visit your website each month, a 2% bump in your conversion rate translates into 120 additional customers. Times that by the gross profit you make per sale and, I’m sure you’ll agree, it’s something that deserves your attention.
So how do you go about converting that additional 2%?
In fact, according to Ogilvy who are cited as pioneers in the interactive marketing industry, “People who are registered to receive email marketing messages from your company will purchase an average of 167 percent more than those people in your marketing database who are not receiving email.”
Email marketing allows you to keep in touch with prospects as well as current and past customers, clients and patients.
It helps you drive traffic back to your website, sales pages and promotions.
It gives you the opportunity to educate your customers so they can be more successful in their business.
You can position yourself as a go-to resource.
You can cross-sell and up-sell your products and services to existing clients.
And win customers back.
This business owner knew all this, but still wasn’t doing it.
Like you, me and everyone, he’s busy.
But the reason he wasn’t doing it went beyond that.
He wasn’t doing it because he was worried about what many businesses are concerned about when they start thinking about doing email marketing …
Writing relevant content that’s both interesting and helpful to your readers is a real concern. Plus the fear it will suck up all your time.
Another concern this entrepreneur worried about was that his emails might alienate some of his customers, damaging his reputation.
If you have any of these concerns, here are four tips that will help you write emails FAST and build a solid relationship with your readers.
1) Invite your customer in. Be transparent and personal in your messages. Give your customers a sneak peek inside your home, your business, your leisure time. Tell them about something you read, a movie you watched, or something funny or spectacular that your kids did. Tell them about where you travelled or what a customer said to you.
Not only is it easier and faster to write about what you know, but it’s more interesting too. Plus, it helps you to build more of a relationship with your customers by helping them feel like you trust them like a friend.
Some of my most successful (and profitable) emails have revolved around a personal event from my life. When you put your trust in your readers with details of your personal life, they’ll be more likely to trust you back.
2) Stick to one topic. Decide on one topic you want to talk about before you start writing…and stick to it. Often when people don’t decide what they want to write about first, they ramble on to different topics. This is like you giving your reader an invitation to stop reading. It’s important that you focus your email on one idea. Do this upfront and you’ll save a lot of editing time later. Plus your emails will be more effective because your audience will only need to remember one big idea per email.
3) Brevity. Keep your messages to 500 words or less. This will make it easier for prospects to finish and faster for you to write.
4) Write conversationally. GKIC member, Matt Furey writes email messages to his list every day…bringing him $10,000+ per email. It only takes him about 20 minutes a day. He recommends writing like you speak. In fact, he often “speaks” his message into a transcription device. You can even buy devices that attach to your computer with a microphone that type what you speak.
Email is still one of the most effective strategies for doubling and tripling your sales. Using these tips will not only help you write faster, but will help you strengthen the bond between you and your readers, making your emails more effective.
By the way, the marketer I spoke of earlier is now doing email marketing. He says it has:
- Re-engaged prospects and past customers making them once again interested in his services.
- Brought inquiries about other services he offers.
- Driven more traffic to his website.
- Educated people on how he can help them.
- Converted more of his prospects into paying customers.
You don’t have to spend a ton of time creating emails to get these kind of results. And the time spent will be well worth it.
NOTE: On Friday, March 8, 2013 at 9:30AM I’ll be doing a LIVE FREE TRAINING: “E-Mail Marketing Made Easy. How One Quick E-mail Strategy Brought In $5,000 From Dead Leads”
During my live VIDEO Training I’ll reveal:
- My proven e-mail templates that not only get your
e-mails read…but also move dead leads to buy
- The recipe to my “Secret Sauce” on exactly what to do
and what to say to achieve maximum engagement with
- A powerhouse follow-up system that will triple your
profits from using these types of e-mails.
- And lots more!
You Don’t Need To Sign Up Or Register, just Click Here …and join me for the most profitable breakfast you may ever have this Friday, at 9:30 am Eastern.
Do you want even more fast and easy tactics for your business? Be sure to sign up for our very special “Discovery Day” on May 5, 2013. Discovery Day will be focused on newer, cutting edge ways to get more leads in your business from different sources so you can get more clients, customers and patients on a local level.
These are tactics your competitors aren’t using. They will be taught by experts who’ve done it, helped clients do it, coached others to do it and do it daily. This day will not be recorded, therefore it will never be available again.