Last week at the Fast Implementation Boot Camp, I witnessed the magic of networking.
Connections were made, budding friendships and accountability partners started, alliances were formed, and even some possible joint-ventures emerged… all through networking.
Networking is one of the best ways to make powerful connections that can propel your business forward and shortcut your path to success.
Of course, there are tons of opportunities for networking, (too many, actually) some better than others.
But here’s the thing…
You don’t want to end up with a stack of business cards you’ll never look at again or spend time in a room with non-decision makers who are schmoozing you.
Here are some tips to help you get the most out of your networking encounters:
Find learning environments. Business card exchanges and other networking focused events are high pressure. People are there to meet others for the purpose of doing business, which means their defenses are up. Educational events, such as seminars, conferences and bootcamps are more relaxed, therefore defenses are lower. People are more at ease. Plus, because the most successful people are continually learning, you are more likely to meet high quality like-minded contacts..
Start conversations. Don’t wait for someone to come to you. Sit next to someone you don’t know or cross the room to talk to someone. Strike up a conversation with the person standing in line next to you. Find out what they are working on or trying to accomplish. A simple conversation can turn into ideas, alliances, new business, referrals, joint-ventures, and a host of other opportunities.
Focus on making quality contacts, not quantity. The goal should not be to meet as many people as possible, it should be to build quality relationships. If you are in a conversation that is going well, stick with it rather than trying to move on to meet more people. That said, don’t hang with one person the entire time.
Do more listening than talking. Ask a lot of questions, then listen and respond to what you hear. By listening you may find you can provide a solution they are looking for.
Do your research. Find out about the speakers and what their specialties are before you attend an event. Pick a couple that you want to meet who work in something related to your field, have a similar business set-up or might be able to answer a question or help you with what you are working on. Then seek these people out. To prepare write down three intelligent questions about your most pressing matters. For example, if you are attending SuperConference and have a brick and mortar business you might want to seek out extraordinary entrepreneurDonna Krech with 25 years’ experience, a thriving local brick and mortar business, a national coaching and franchise business, and a direct-to-consumer products business. She is sure to have plenty of answers about what it takes to make your business ultra-successful.
Write down what you are looking for before you go. Are you looking for someone to give you feedback on an idea you have? Similar businesses to compare promotions? A good “power partner” for referrals? An affiliate or joint-venture partner? Advice about a particular business problem? When you take the time to define what you are looking for from networking, you’ll ask better questions and get much better results.
Armed with these ideas, you’ll be able to brilliantly network and use these opportunities to blast your business forward.
NOTE: SuperConference Countdown has begun. You’ve got less than two months to prepare for this life-changing event. I recommend you get ready by clearing as much off your plate as possible before you go.
That’s because once you get there, you’re likely to be flooded by the opportunities and new promotion strategies that come out of the event.
And that’s just the beginning. Come prepared to network with some of the most successful GKIC members. You’ll get a ton of value out of the event, no question. In fact, here is a quick list of six of the best things you’ll receive from SuperConference:
1) Kindred spirits. You’ll meet entrepreneurs from all over the world, of all ages, and varied backgrounds. Yet you’ll share a burning desire to be top dog in your industry, niche or marketplace, bust through barriers and recognize GKIC as the vehicle that can get you there. Since most of the people “back home” can’t relate to what it is you’re trying to do with this “direct-response stuff” and “deliberately positioning yourself against trends,” it’s an awesome feeling to finally connect with people who share your passion for independence.
2) Meet GKIC Experts Face-to-Face. Sure you’ve “met” Dan Kennedy, our expert panel and GKIC crew members through emails, teleseminars and Google Hangouts. But it’s even better to meet people face-to-face. You’ll meet the entire GKIC crew, some living legends including Dan Kennedy himself and Brian Tracy, and members of our GKIC Expert Advisory Panel. They are living proof that GKIC strategies work. Meeting them in the flesh will highlight the advantages of this lifestyle, not to mention ramp up your enthusiasm. (If you’re new to GKIC and our successful direct-marketing strategies, check out our flagship product Magnetic Marketing)
3) Supercharge your professional network. Events in general tend to host the most ambitious, most successful entrepreneurs, sales persons and business owners. SuperConference is no different. These are the go-getters who make things happen. This is a great shortcut for making a list of go-to professionals, joint venture partners, and peers willing to swap promotion ideas.
4) A reality check. It’s easy to doubt whether the freedom and independent lifestyle really exists…until you meet people actually living it. This is the perfect place to meet people living their dream lifestyle… and find out their best tips for getting there yourself.
5) Cash, Investment, “Brain Capital” and a Free Vacation. If you participate in GKIC’s Marketer of the Year or in GKIC’s Shark Tank, you could walk away with a winner’s weekend win Dan and an all-expense paid trip to sunny Florida or up to $50,000 in cash, investment opportunity or “brain capital” for your business.
6) An adrenaline shot. You’ll hear stories that will remind you it’s possible to have complete control over your life, the best and most current information of what’s working now, and loads of tools and strategies to propel your business forward. Not to mention how fired up you’ll be when you leave. You’ll be ready to take on…and conquer your biggest goals.
And if you haven’t registered yet – don’t delay!
Take advantage of the special early-bird discount until March 21, 2013 at midnight!
Register Now by clicking here…
ALSO!!! On Monday, March 18, 2013 at 8:00PM EST Dave Dee will be doing a FREE TRAINING Tele-seminar with Brian Tracy and Barbara Corcoran where he Guarantees: “This FREE 60 Minutes Call With These TITANS of Marketing Will Reveal At Least 7 GIANT Secrets You Never Imagined Existed That Could Easily Double, Even Triple Your Business’s Revenue”
During the call they’ll reveal:
- Core secrets to programming your subconscious mind for superstar sales results — and they only take moments!
- Barbara’s contrarian secret to success and how not knowing and implementing this secret is hold you back. (This will surprise you!)
- The single biggest mistake entrepreneurs make and how to overcome it to get from where you are to where you want to go- this is NOT what you think.
- The powerful lesson from Barbara’s journey to the star of ABC’s hit show, Shark Tank — this might be exactly what you need to hear now.
- How to accomplish more in a mere 90 days than you ever imagined possible… you’ll discover how to apply MASSIVE ACTION on a number of fronts to ramp up your business exponentially!
- And lots more!
Just Click Here Now…to reserve your spot and then mark your calendar, your phone and tie a piece of string around your finger…because this is 60 minutes you won’t want to miss if you want to grow your business.