He never intended on being a coach.
In fact, his long-term goal was to be a dentist.
Athletically inclined, he played a number of sports including football, basketball and baseball, continuing on in the minor league in 1910-1911 where he saved enough money to go to dentistry school.
However, after having problems finding left-handed dentistry tools, he continued in baseball and was brought up to the Dodgers late in the 1912 season. It was then that baseball became his primary profession.
In 1914, after getting in touch with his former coach, Bill Diver, who was at the time the head coach of football and basketball teams at the University of Mississippi, he got his first coaching experience, coaching the baseball team at Ole Miss to a winning season.
While he was a good baseball player, he was by no means a superstar. But as a coach, he shined.
His name, Casey Stengel. Among his achievements as a coach, he was the only person to manage a team to five consecutive World Series championships.
He was nicknamed the “The Old Professor” or “Perfessor” because he could talk at great length about anything baseball related. He was inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame in 1966.
Imagine if Stengel would have stuck to dentistry? Or if he’d never gone beyond playing baseball. He would not have been remembered or in the hall of fame. Not to mention all the lives he impacted as a coach.
Like Stengel, you may find not only a lucrative income stream, but coaching is where you truly shine. And there’s nothing like the feeling you get when you help someone achieve success.
Aside from the great feeling you get from coaching or consulting, here are seven more reasons you should consider adding it to your business next year:
- It can be very lucrative. Whether you have a big herd, a small herd or no herd, coaching and consulting is very lucrative which means you only need a few clients to earn big money. I actually talk about exactly how to do this in my courses Coaching and Consulting Bootcamp and Advanced Coaching and Consulting
- It can help you create info-products to sell. Coaching and consulting allows you the opportunity to find out the biggest challenges your coaching clients are having which gives you unique insight to what type of products you should create and sell.
- It positions you as an expert. Coaches and consultants are viewed as authorities in their field. Being seen as an authority and expert gives you credibility which can boost sales of your products and services because people want to buy from experts.
- It can help you position yourself as a celebrity. You can use your expert status to position yourself as a celebrity.
- Leap to big money fast. Not only does coaching and consulting give you a back-end product that you can charge thousands of dollars for, but as an expert and/or celebrity, you can charge more for your products and services.
- Your marketing becomes better. Because you have special insight into the fears, challenges, and desires of your coaching and consulting clients, you’ll have a better handle on what your other customers, clients or patients are worrying about, wanting or dealing with. You can then infuse this information into your marketing.
- Coaches and consultants are in high demand. More and more people want to be led by the hand. They want someone to show them how to do things. As a result you can charge big money to help them find the answers.
If you’re looking to really boost your income in 2013, consider adding coaching or consulting to your business. It’s a great way to earn more with less stress. Plus, you can add $100,000 to $1,000,000 a year as a coach or consultant, even if you’re a newbie.
NOTE: Want more insider information on how to leverage marketing and sales to improve your business? Click here to claim your special free bonus of $633.91 worth of marketing materials.